Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jacob Frank & Jacob Rothschild

I'm trying to connect the Rothschilds more solidly to Shabbatai Tzvi and Jacob Frank.



It occured to me that Baron James may have been named after Yaakov Frank.

Jacob "Yaakov" Frank died in the Frankfurt suburb of Offenbach in 1791. Yaakov Rothschild was born in Frankfurt in 1792.


young-yaakov-rothschild
Young Yaakov (James)de Rothschild


rothschild_paris_James
Baron James de Rothschild


y-frank
Yaakov (Jacob)Frank


Jacob Frank's  Deathbed
Jacob Frank's Deathbed Scene


As far as the Rothschilds descending from Shabbatai Tzvi...

If the Rothschilds are from Levites or Cohanim then it would not be possible to be direct male descendants of Shabbatai Tzvi as he was from Judah, being a Davidic descendant. So far I have not seen any evidence of the Rothschilds being Cohanim or Leviyim.

1 comment:

Rachela said...

I like your deduction about Shabtai Tzi not being a Cohen.

I might have info about the Rothschilds and their Cohanim status.
My paternal line are Cohan. My brother had his DNA done and found we belong to the same paternal haplogroup as the Rothschild. I looked online at the Rothschild family tree and didn't see any family names, so we must be from a different branch.

My dad's family is from Austria.

Have a good Shabbat,
Rachel